My WYZE Doorbell Chime Not Connecting and how i know about it? A few days ago, I was waiting for a package, and after a few minutes, I received a notification that the doorbell had detected the package. But it was strange that the chime in the side house was not ringing.
I installed it correctly; the doorbell was working correctly, but the chime was not responding.
So, I researched on the Internet and tried several troubleshooting steps to fix it.
In this article, I will walk you through all of the steps I’ve tried to fix my WYZE chime.
Let’s take a quick look at a few solutions.
When you are facing an issue with the chime, you should ensure you are trying the correct method to enter the device in pairing mode.
You should press and hold the reset button from the chime until the status light quickly blinks three times and follow in-app instructions to finish the process.
Let’s get started!
How to Fix WYZE Doorbell Chime Not Connecting
You should try troubleshooting steps when the WYZE chime isn’t connecting.
1. Check Chime Volume Settings
If your Wyze chime is connected to the app but not responding or making a sound when the doorbell is pressed, its volume might be low.
You should look at the chime volume settings in the Wyze app and turn the volume up to hear it.
These are the steps to increase your chime volume:
1. Open the Wyze app and go to the doorbell page.
2. Then tap on settings.
3. Choose an Extended Device.
4. Next, tap on Chime.
5. And then click on volume.
6. Here, you should drag the volume slider to increase the volume level.
2. Attempt to Delete and Re-Add
If you fail to connect the chime, you should try removing it from the app and trying the setup from the beginning until you succeed.
This method has helped many users, including me, so it might prove helpful in resolving the connectivity issue.
When the chime is not connected securely, you should try following steps to completely remove it from the app:
1. Open the Wyze app on your smartphone.
2. Then go to the doorbell > and select settings (gear icon on the top right corner).
3. Tap on extended devices.
4. Select the Wyze chime and tap on delete it.
Another way to delete your Wyze chime is outlined below:
1. Open the app and tap the pencil icon from the app home screen.
2. Then select edit devices > here, and the list of your connected devices will appear.
3. From the Wyze device list, choose chime and click the red delete button next to the chime.
4. Tap on done to save settings.
Once you’ve removed the chime unite from the app then, you should follow the below steps to pair it again in the app:
1. Open the app and click on the plus+ icon from the top left corner.
2. Choose the Wyze chime.
3. Click on Next.
4. Plug the chime into the outlet closer to the doorbell and Wi-Fi network.
5. Next, press and hold the reset button from the chime until the status light flashes three times.
6. Latesly tap on Finish.
3. Force-Quit WYZE app
Sometimes the app might have glitches that cause this kind of issue. So, you should try a few steps to remove the app cache and bugs.
You can remove the app cache by going to the app settings and forcing quit it to refresh the app.
Here are the steps to do so:
1. Press and hold the app icon and tap on app info.
2. In the app information, tap on Force stop > and tap Ok to confirm.
3. Next, click on storage and caches.
4. Click on clear cache.
Once you’ve done these steps, the Wyze app should work correctly by removing the cache and refreshing the app by force-stopping.
4. Update App
Suppose the Wyze chime is still not connected even if you’ve tried the force-stop method and removing caches. You should look for the app version; it should run on the latest version.
Because outdated app versions can cause some kind of problem or show incorrect data. Manufacturers release updates to fix these malfunctioning and remove bugs.
If you have any latest update available for the Wyze app, install it to resolve this issue. Here are the steps to update your WYZE app.
1. Open the Google Play store or App Store app on your phone.
2. Then tap on the search bar to search for the Wyze app.
3. Click on the official Wyze app.
4. You’ll see a button labeled with “Update” if the latest version of this app is available.
5. Reboot Doorbell
Another possible method you should try is to reboot your Wyze doorbell; it will help you connect the chime successfully.
The rebooting will refresh the doorbell and remove the kind of glitches preventing the chime from connecting.
Here are steps to reboot/ power cycle the Wyze doorbell:
1. Locate the circuit breaker at your home.
2. Flip the breaker switch to the “off” position.
3. Let it turn off for about a minute.
4. Flip the switch back to its “on” position.
6. Check Doorbell Firmware
The doorbell is essential in this connecting process; if the doorbell is malfunctioning or having trouble, it can cause this.
So, you should ensure that the doorbell is running on an up-to-date firmware version; it will ensure it works correctly.
You can check and install the firmware for your Wyze doorbell by following the steps below:
1. Open the Wyze app and tap on Home.
2. Next, you should select the Wyze doorbell.
3. And then tap on the settings gear from the top left corner.
4. Choose device info.
5. Then select the firmware version.
6. Now select the firmware version to install for the Wyze doorbell.
7. Check Internet Connection
When the chime isn’t responding even after correctly connecting to the Wyze app, you should ensure the doorbell is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network.
A Wi-Fi connection is essential in sending or receiving notifications and using other communication features on your Wyze doorbell.
If the doorbell isn’t receiving enough signals that can help in sending signals to the chime, you will face the issue until not fixing the network issues.
Here are a few troubleshooting steps to fix the Wi-Fi network problems.
1. Change Bandwidth Frequency
If you have a Wi-Fi router with dual bandwidth frequencies, you should try switching it between 2.4 and 5Ghz frequencies; may one of them help resolve network issues.
2. Place Closer
If the router is placed far from the doorbell, it will cause weak Wi-Fi signals. So, you should try re-placing and moving it closer to the doorbell.
Your Wyze doorbell can work correctly in the 2 meters range of your router. However, this range can be affected by several environmental or other factors.
3. Reboot & Reset
If the network is still not fixed, you should try power cycling and resetting the router. It will help you in removing the device glitches and refresh it.
To power cycle, you should unplug the power plug of your router and replug it in the power outlet after a minute.
On the other hand, you can reset it by pressing and holding the reset button with the help of a paperclip or other similar tool for about 15 seconds.
8. Contact Customer Support
However, if you are still facing this issue with your Wyze chime, you should consider contacting WYZE customer support.
Customer support will assist you with different solutions and will be able to provide you with repair or replacement offers.
These are the possible solutions that you should try to resolve your WYZE chime that isn’t connecting.
- Check Internet Connection
- Check Chime Volume Settings
- Force-Quit WYZE app
- Update App
- Reboot Doorbell
- Check Doorbell Firmware
Did I Miss Something
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Which solution is worked in fixing your Wyze chime? Are you still looking for other solutions?
Let me know in the comment.
You May Also Like Reading: