I recently wanted to find out how to connect my Ring Doorbell on Sony TV, so I did some research.
After a few hours of digging through tutorials and forums, I discovered that it is actually quite easy.
All you need are the right devices and an internet connection. With just a few simple steps, you can be watching your doorbell’s live feed on your TV in no time.
In this guide, I’ll walk you through what you need and how to do it; from setting up the app on your phone to connecting the Ring Doorbell with your Sony TV.
So let’s get started!
Can I Install Ring App on Sony TV
Sony TV has no built-in Ring app or installation option on your smart TV.
Can we connect Ring Doorbell on Sony TV
You can connect your Ring doorbell to your Smart Sony TV through several smart home integration devices.
If you have an Android Alexa-compatible Sony TV, you can connect the Ring doorbell using the Alexa and Smart Thing apps.
How to Connect Ring Doorbell to Sony TV
As we discussed, the Ring app cannot be installed directly on your Sony tv, but a few devices help you to make it happen.
Here are the steps on how you can use your Ring doorbell on Sony tv:
#1. Add Ring to Alexa Skill
The first step in setting up the Ring doorbell on the Sony tv is to add your Ring doorbell to the Alexa skill:
1. Launch the Alexa app on your phone.
2. Click on the three lines menu in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Skill & Games
4. Next, tap the search icon on top of the screen, And type Ring.
5. Click on the Ring option in the search results.
6. Then tap Enable to Use.
7. Tap on Enable Skill and Link Accounts.
8. Enter your Amazon and Ring login credentials.
9. Tap Authorize the Ring application.
10. Then tap close, and click tap Discover Devices to connect.
11. Alexa will find your devices and connect to your Ring app. Tap on the setup device.
12. Lastly, tap Done to finish the setup.
#2. Connect Ring to Smart Thing App
The second step to set up your Ring doorbell is to connect the doorbell to the Smart Thing app. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Launch the Smart Thing app on your phone.
2. Tap the + plus icon in the app.
3. And then select the Add Device option.
4. Then select the Ring doorbell from the list.
5. And enter your Ring login details.
6. Here, select the alert you want on your TV.
#3. Enable Notifications on Sony TV
And the next step will be to enable the Ring notifications on your Sony TV in the Smart Thing app. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Smart Thing app on your smart TV.
2. Then, go to Settings in the top right-hand corner.
3. And select the Notifications.
4. Here, locate your Ring doorbell in the list of devices.
5. Under your Ring doorbell, click on Motion and Ring options to receive notifications when the doorbell is pressed, or motion is detected.
Now all done, you have integrated your Ring doorbell into your smart Sony TV. And you can monitor your front door any time without leaving your couch using Alexa’s voice commands.
Does Ring Doorbell work with Sony TV?
Yes, you can connect your Ring doorbell to the Sony tv using Android OS Chromecast or Alexa-compatible devices.
How do I watch Ring on my Sony TV?
First, you need to add your Ring doorbell to Alexa skill and then connect it to the Smart Thing app on your phone.
Once you’ve set up the Ring doorbell in both Alexa and Smart Thing apps, you should now enable notifications on your TV for your doorbell.
Can a Ring Doorbell be displayed on a TV?
Yes, Ring doorbell can be displayed on a smart android T.V.
We hope this article has helped you to set up your Ring doorbell to the Sony Tv and use voice commands to see a live view of your front door.
You don’t have the option to install and integrate the Ring app directly on the Sony tv, but you can connect them using the Alexa and Smart Thing apps on your TV.
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Does this article help you in setting up the Ring doorbell? Are you facing any problems in integrating your Ring doorbell into the Sony TV?
Let me know in the comment.
You May Also Like Reading: