Are you having trouble with your Ring Doorbell Not Recording Amazon Delivery ? If so, you’re not alone.
Many users are experiencing the same issue and are looking for an answer. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to try to resolve this issue.
In this article, we’ll discuss what could be causing the problem and how to fix it. We’ll also provide some tips on keeping your Ring doorbell working properly.
So let’s get started!
How to Fix Ring Doorbell Not Recording Amazon Delivery
These are the solutions that you should try to fix the Ring doorbell when it isn’t recording Amazon deliveries.
1. Check Motion Sensitivity
When your Ring doorbell is not recording deliveries, especially from Amazon, you should ensure that the doorbell motion sensitivity is adjusted too high.
Because if the sensitivity slider is on low or medium, the doorbell will only record fewer events, including humans.
In order to make it record all kinds of motions, like your deliveries, you should increase the motion sensitivity.
Here are steps to increase your doorbell sensitivity;
1. Open your Ring app and go to the My Devices section.
2. Select your Ring doorbell here.
3. And then select Motion Settings.
4. Under the motion settings, ensure the sensitivity is set to all activities.
Once you’ve adjusted the motion sensitivity to all activities, check if it works by moving around the door and putting the package to the test.
2. Enable Motion Zones
Another possible solution is you should use motion zones to detect your Amazon deliveries. You can add different zones of your doorstep to the Ring doorbell.
When your Ring doorbell detects any person, package or pet in this zone, it will take a snapshot of this event and send an alert notification to your phone.
You can follow the steps below to add a motion zone:
1. Open the Ring app and go to the devices.
2. Select your Ring doorbell.
3. Tap on motion settings.
4. Here, click on Motion Zones.
5. Next, tap on Add a Motion Zone.
6. Draw a motion zone in any shape, and then name this zone.
7. Save this zone and check if it is working correctly.
3. Enable Smart Alerts
You should also ensure that you’ve enabled the smart alerts option for the Ring doorbell. This helps you to receive alerts and see a snapshot of that event.
With this feature, you’ll see a snapshot of the motion that triggers this event; if you find this is a package, you can open the live preview of the doorbell.
And talk to the delivery person or go outside and take your package home. Follow the below steps to enable the smart alerts for your Ring doorbell:
1. Open the Ring app and select the Ring doorbell.
2. Then select the Smart Alerts option.
3. And click on Rich Notifications.
4. Now, push the switch next to Rich Notifications.
4. Update Ring App
Ring app is used to manage and set up your Ring devices; if it malfunctions or not runs on an up-to-date version, it causes several issues.
So, you should ensure that your Ring app is running on the latest version; if not, you can update it by going to the Google Play store/ Apple App store.
Here are steps to update the Ring app:
1. Open the Play store/ App store app on your phone.
2. Tap on the search bar and search the Ring app.
3. Select the official app.
4. If the app has an update available, you will see a button labelled Update.
5. Tap on Update to install the latest version.
5. Reset the Doorbell
If the doorbell is still not recording the Amazon deliveries, you should try factory resetting the doorbell.
Performing a factory reset will remove all kinds of software glitches or bugs that cause issues. Also, remember to back up your data because it will be removed after resetting.
Here are steps to reset the Ring doorbell:
1. Unmount the doorbell from its mounting plate.
2. Press and hold the orange reset button from its back for at least 15 seconds.
3. Release the button after 15 seconds.
4. When you see the light flashing in front of the doorbell, it is ready to set up.
5. Now, you should add the doorbell to your Ring account.
6. Check Wi-Fi connection
Sometimes a faulty Wi-Fi connection causes this issue; when you’ve received an Amazon delivery and not received a notification, you should ensure your Internet connection is working correctly.
If the doorbell is connected to a slow or defective router, you should try replacing it with a new one.
However, you can also try a few troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
1. Power cycle the router
2. Factory reset the router
3. Place the router closer to the doorbell
4. Check Internet subscriptions
7. Ensure Motion isn’t Snoozed
Sometimes your doorbell might have snoozed, and that’s why you are not receiving any motion or package alert on your phone.
You should check it into the Ring app and ensure the motion alerts for the Ring doorbell are not snoozing.
1. Open the Ring app and then go to the devices section.
2. Here, you’ll see a snooze icon with the doorbell if it is snoozed.
Here are steps to turn off motion alerts snooze:
1. Select your Ring doorbell.
2. Then click on motion snooze.
3. And tap on turn off, or customize the snooze time.
8. Contact Customer Support
If the above mentioned solutions do not help you resolve your Ring doorbell that isn’t recording Amazon deliveries, you should contact customer support.
Ring customer support will assist you with different solutions and will help you to fix this problem.
These are the possible solutions that will help to resolve the Ring doorbell that isn’t recording Amazon deliveries.
- Increase motion sensitivity
- Enable motion zones
- Update the Ring app
- Reset Ring doorbell
- Disable motion snooze
- Use a stable Wi-Fi connection
Did I Miss Something
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Which method helped to fix your Ring doorbell from this article?
Let me know in the comment.
You May Like Reading: