I recently ran into a problem with my Nest doorbell and Nest Doorbell Won’t Factory Reset. I had been using it for months without any issues, but suddenly it wasn’t working correctly.
After doing some research, I discovered that it can be fixed by performing a factory.
So, I tried several times to reset the doorbell, but nothing seemed to work, and my doorbell wouldn’t reset at all.
And then, I researched on the Internet and found the right ways to reset the doorbell. In this article, I’ll walk you through the steps if your doorbell is not resetting.
Let’s get started!
How to Fix Nest Doorbell Won’t Factory Reset
When you are facing issues with your Nest battery or hardwired doorbells that they are not resetting, you should ensure you are using the correct method to do this.
You should follow the below steps to reset your Nest doorbells.
1. Nest Hardwired Doorbell
Resetting the wired Nest doorbell is slightly different from your battery operated doorbell. Before starting the process, you should turn off the power of your doorbell by turning off the circuit breaker or removing the doorbell’s plug.
You should follow the below steps to reset the Nest battery doorbell:
1. First, remove the screw from the top of the doorbell and unmount it from the mounting bracket.
2. Then push up and pull forward the doorbell; it will pop up from the mounting plate.
3. Remember you should not remove or disconnect any wires.
4. Insert a paperclip or sim ejection tool into the pinhole at the back of your doorbell.
5. Long press the paperclip for about 20 seconds.
6. At 11 and 12 seconds, you’ll hear a tune/ beep.
7. At 20 or 23 seconds, you’ll hear a second beep which means the doorbell is reset successfully.
Now the doorbell is turned back to its factory default settings, and you can set it up back into your Nest app.
2. Nest Battery Doorbell
For your battery operated Nest doorbell, you should try the following steps; they might help you reset it.
1. Unmount the doorbell from the wall plate.
2. And locate the reset pinhole on the rear cover of the doorbell under the charging port.
3. Insert a paperclip, sim ejection tool or other similar tools in this hole to press it.
4. Keep pressing it until you’ll see the status light flashing yellow four times and hear a countdown tone.
5. Then, at 12 seconds, the status will be solid yellow, and it starts the factory reset process. And then, you’ll hear a confirmation tone again the reset will be completed.
3. Use Correct Tool
If your Nest doorbell is still not resetting after trying the above mentioned methods, you should ensure that you are using the correct tools to press the reset button.
Because sometimes, the tool you may use to press the reset button might not be putting enough pressure and cause the doorbell does not to turn back to its factory default settings.
So, you should use a paperclip, sim ejection tool or other similar tools that can be inserted into the hole and pressed correctly.
4. Contact Customer Support
If your Nest doorbell is still not reset, you should contact Google Nest customer support; the support team will assist you with other solutions.
The Nest doorbell can be reset by using the correct method and compatible tool to press the reset button.
So, you should make sure to use the right tool to press the reset button, as you can use a paperclip or sim ejection tool to press the reset button.
How long does it take for the Nest doorbell to reset?
It can vary depending on what type of Nest doorbell you have. However, it takes 10 to 20 seconds to completely reset the doorbell.
Did I Miss Something
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Were you trying to reset the doorbell, as mentioned in this article? Does your Nest doorbell reset now?
Let me know in the comment.
You May Like Reading: