I recently purchased a new Eufy doorbell and was excited to install it in my home. but Eufy Doorbell Not Detecting Motion.
Unfortunately, when I finished the setup, I found that the motion detection feature wasn’t working correctly.
After some troubleshooting, I found several reasons for this issue. Also, I found a few solutions that tried and resolved the doorbell.
In this article, I’ll share these solutions, so you can avoid these issues and get your doorbell working back again.
Here are a few quick solutions:
- Check and enable the motion detection
- Increase the detection sensitivity
- Turn on the push notifications
- Fix your Wi-Fi connection, or place router closer
So, let’s take a closer look at all possible solutions!
How to Fix Eufy Doorbell Not Detecting Motion
These are the possible solutions that you should try to fix your eufy doorbell motion detection issues.
1. Enable the Motion Detection
The first method to fix your doorbell is to check and enable the motion detection feature for your eufy doorbell.
Because when you install a new doorbell, its detection feature might not be enabled by default. And enabling it will fix the problem for your device.
You should check the doorbell settings and ensure its motion detection is enabled. If not, you can follow the below steps to do so.
1. Open the eufy security app on your phone.
2. And then go to the device tab.
3. Tap on three dots from your eufy doorbell.
4. Then click on the gear icon.
5. Under the settings, click on Motion detection.
6. Here, enable motion detection for your doorbell.
Once you’ve enabled the detection technology for your doorbell, ensure it is working by moving in front of the doorbell.
2. Enable Push Notifications
The other reason for your doorbell to not detect motion is that push notifications for your doorbell are blocked.
Also, in a few cases, the push notifications can not be enabled by default or disabled mistakenly by yourself.
So, you should check the notifications settings for the device and enable it for your doorbell. Then you’ll be able to receive alert notifications while the doorbell detects motion.
Here are steps to enable the push notifications for your doorbell:
1. Open the eufy security app on your phone.
2. Go to the security tab and then Home/Away.
3. Next, open the home/away settings.
4. Here, ensure the push notifications are selected.
Also, enable the app notifications from your phone settings:
1. Open your phone settings.
2. And then go to the apps.
3. Select the Eufy security app.
4. Enable the notifications.
3. Change Detection Sensitivity
Motion sensitivity is also an essential consideration in this situation while your doorbell isn’t detecting motion.
Because the motion sensitivity ensures what kind of motions will detect your doorbell. If you set it at low, your doorbell will only detect a few motions.
On the other hand, if you increase the sensitivity of your doorbell, it will start recording all kinds of motions, including little movements.
So, the ideal setting for your doorbell detection sensitivity is to keep it in the central position. Because the doorbell will be activated at high sensitivity on little movements like air, dust particles, or shadow movements.
Here are steps to change your eufy doorbell sensitivity settings:
1. Open the eufy security app and then go to the doorbell settings.
2. Under the device settings, you should select Motion Detection.
3. And then select the Motion Test Mode.
4. Stand in front of the camera and move the sensitivity slider to the right and left, and find an ideal position.
5. Wave your hand, and save settings when you find an ideal level.
4. Configure Detection Zones
Another cause for the doorbell not detecting the motion will be incorrect detection zone customization.
In case if you’ve not selected the essential areas in front of your doorbell, the doorbell will not be able to record motion or send alerts to you.
So, you should go to the eufy app, access the doorbell detection zone in the motion settings, and configure the zone.
Here are steps to check and change the detection zone:
1. Open the eufy security app and then the doorbell settings.
2. Under the doorbell settings, click on motion detection.
3. Next, click on the Activity zones.
4. Here, click on the + plus/ Pencil icon to add a detection zone.
5. A new zone will appear on the center of the screen; turn your phone in landscape mode.
6. Then drag the sides of the zone to change its shape, or select a particular part of your doorstep.
7. Once you’ve selected a zone, click the checkmark icon to save the zone settings.
5. Change Detection Type
If the doorbell still is not detecting motion after enabling motion or changing the sensitivity, you should also change the detection type for your doorbell.
Because if the doorbell is set on only humans, it will only activate when a human is detected in front of the doorbell.
To fix the problem, you should turn the detection type to all types of motion. It will help the doorbell to activate on all kinds of motions instead of only when humans are detected.
You can change the motion types by following the below steps:
1. In the eufy security app, go to your doorbell settings.
2. And then choose motion detection.
3. In the detection settings, select All Motion.
4. Once you’ve enabled all motion modes for the doorbell, it will detect and send push notifications on anything detected on your front door.
6. Fix Wi-Fi Connection
A faulty Wi-Fi connection may also be a possible reason for your eufy doorbell motion detection issue. So, you should check your network connection to ensure it works correctly.
If your router cannot provide proper signals to the doorbell, it will not detect events or send notifications to your phone.
You can check your Wi-Fi network by connecting to your phone and then open a web browser. If you cannot open a web browser, your network connection is faulty.
So, you can fix it by checking whether the Internet subscription plan hasn’t expired. Also, you can factory reset or power cycle the router to remove any software bugs.
Power cycling the router is one of the common ways to fix issues. After power cycling, the router will be refreshed and start working normally.
You can power cycle it by following the below steps:
1. Locate the power adapter of your router and unplug it.
2. Then wait about one minute.
3. Replug it into the power outlet and turn the router back on.
You can factory reset your router to remove the device glitches and refresh it to work correctly. Resetting will also remove all kinds of your settings and passwords and return them to their factory default settings.
Here are steps to factory reset your router.
1. Locate the reset button at the back of your router.
2. Long press the reset with a paperclip or other tool for about 15 seconds.
3. Release the button and wait until the router reboots and turns back on automatically.
Place Router Closer
The slow network issue can also be due to the wide distance between the doorbell and your router because your doorbell will not receive proper signals and cannot send notifications.
You can fix this issue by checking the router position and relocating it if placed away from your doorbell. You should move the router closer to the doorbell, about in the 50 feet range.
7. Change Doorbell Position / Angle
Another solution when your Eufy doorbell isn’t detecting motion is to check its position and location where you’ve installed it.
Check the doorbell position because your doorbell has 8 meters range, and ensure the motion you want to record falls in this range.
If the device isn’t installed in this position, you’ll need to unmount the doorbell and then install it in the appropriate location.
8. Reset the Doorbell
When your Eufy is still not detecting motions after you’ve enabled motion or customized the detection settings, you must reset your doorbell.
Factory reset is a method to turn the doorbell back to its factory default settings and remove software bugs.
Also, remember to back up your data before resetting it because you’ll not be able to access it after the reset.
Here are steps to reset your doorbell:
1. Unmount the doorbell from its mounting plate.
2. Insert a paperclip or similar tool into the pinhole at the back of your doorbell.
3. Long press it for about 15 seconds.
4. At about 11 or 12 seconds, you’ll hear a ding; keep holding until you see a yellow light.
9. Charge Doorbell
The doorbell’s low battery or faulty power connection is also a reason for why your doorbell is not detecting motions.
So, you should check your eufy doorbell battery level in the eufy app. You can check it in the doorbell settings and then under the device health tab.
If you find the battery is low, you should plug it into the charger and let it fully charge. Once the battery is charged, install the doorbell back on the mounting plate.
10. Update Firmware
You should also look at the doorbell firmware version because outdated firmware will cause the doorbell to prevent detecting motion or performing other features.
Usually, your eufy doorbell install updates automatically when motion is detected, or other events are recorded.
And the doorbell should be connected to a strong Wi-Fi connection. However, in a few cases, the software updates failed to install.
In case, you should check for any available updates in the eufy app. And contact customer support to fix this problem.
11. Contact Customer Support
If none of the above solutions has fixed your eufy doorbell motion detection issues, you should consider contacting Eufy customer support.
Customer support will assist you with other solutions to resolve the problem. You can contact them via live chat, phone number, or email.
These solutions will help you to fix the eufy doorbell that isn’t detecting motion:
- Enable the Motion Detection
- Enable Push Notifications
- Change Detection Sensitivity
- Configure Detection Zones
- Charge Doorbell
- Fix Wi-Fi Connection
- Place Router Closer
- Reset the Doorbell
- Update Firmware
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Which method has fixed your Eufy doorbell detection problem? Do you need more solutions for the doorbell?
Let me know in the comment.
You May Also Like Reading: