It all started when I decided to upgrade my home security system by installing a smart doorbell with Alexa integration.
The setup was easy but Blink Doorbell Not Ringing On Alexa.
I don’t know why this issue was happening to me; I tried checking that the doorbell was correctly connected to Alexa.
Then researched on the Internet and found a few possible solutions which helped in resolving this problem.
In this article, I will walk you through all these solutions step-by-step about Blink Doorbell Not Ringing On Alexa . Let’s get started!
How to Fix Blink Doorbell Not Ringing On Alexa
These steps resolve the issue with your Blink doorbell not ringing on Alexa.
Enable Doorbell Push Announcement
If the Blink doorbell is correctly connected to Alexa but still not working, you should ensure you select the required announcements in the Alexa app.
You can check it by following the steps below:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone/ tablet.
- Tap on the devices icon from the bottom menu.
- And then tap on all devices > select the Blink doorbell from this list.
- Next, in the settings option for the Blink doorbell, ensure that the “Doorbell Push Announcement” switch is on.
- Here also enable the Motion Announcement for the doorbell. When it detects any movements or motion events, it will ring on Alexa.
Factory Reset Blink Doorbell
If the problem is still not fixed, you should perform a factory reset for your Blink doorbell. It will help you in fixing this problem.
After resetting, your doorbell will be returned to the factory default settings and refreshed.
Here are steps to reset the Blink doorbell:
- Unmount the doorbell from its bracket.
- Remove the battery cover from the back of the doorbell.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 30 seconds.
- Release it while the light in front starts blinking red.
Note: Before resetting your Blink doorbell, you should ensure that you’ve backed up the video record on it.
Once you’ve reset the Blink doorbell to the default factory settings, connect it again to the Blink app and enable the Blink SmartHome skill in the Alexa app.
Here are steps to set up Blink doorbell in the Blink app:
- Open the Blink app on your phone.
- Tap on the “Add Device” icon from the app home screen.
- Next, scan the QR code.
- Then create, or choose a system to attach.
- And follow the on-screen instructions.
Enable the Blink SmartHome Alexa Skill:
- Open the Blink app and tap on the settings
- Click on Account & Privacy
- Click on the Link to Alexa
- Tap Open Alexa
- On the blink app screen, tap on Enable to Use
- Next, enter your Email and password associated with your Blink account, and tap on continue
- Now enter the verification code from the associated number to the Blink account, and tap on verify code
However, if you don’t receive the verification code, tap on Resend Code; and still do not get the code, you should read the troubleshooting from Blink site.
In a few cases, if the doorbell runs on outdated software, it causes issues like this. So you should check to ensure the Blink doorbell is up to date.
If the software isn’t updated and several updates are available, you should install the latest one to resolve the problem.
Your Blink doorbells update automatically when it syncs to the app. However, sometimes it can fail due to several reasons.
You should check the software version for your Blink doorbell in the app, and if it isn’t updated after syncing with the app, you should contact customer support.
Contact Blink Support
If none helped you fix the Blink doorbell issue, you should contact the customer support team.
They will be able to help you and assist you with different solutions. And you’ll be able to get the doorbell back ringing on Alexa.
These are the possible solutions to fix the Blink doorbell that isn’t ringing on Alexa.
- Enable Doorbell Push Announcement
- Choose Blink in Alexa’s Announcement List
- Re-Establish Connection
- Factory Reset Blink Doorbell
- Update Software
Did I Miss Something
Now I’d like to hear from you!
Which method has worked for your doorbell? Are you still facing problems with your Blink Doorbell Not Ringing On Alexa?
Let me know in the comment right now.
You May Enjoy Reading: